Peer Review Statement
All published articles in the "American Journal of Islam and Society" undergo a rigorous peer review process based on an initial screening from the editors and two blind peer reviews.
The blind peer review/publication process includes:
- The Author writes a research manuscript and submits it online through the "Open Journal Systems"
- The Editors do the initial screening and assign scholars in their area of expertise for blind reviews
- The Reviewers review the manuscript according to the guidelines provided and verify the quality of research
- The Reviewers return the manuscript to the Editors with a recommendation to reject, revise or accept it
- The Editors draft a decision and send it to the Author with the Reviewers' feedback
- The Author implements the recommended changes and sends it back to the Editors
- The Editors make a final decision to either reject it or send it to publication